Who: Those who listen, enjoy, and create the music known as dubstep
When: The music has origins in the late 80's club scene to the present. The venues and ideas of the outdoor gatherings stem back to the hippie movements of the 60's.
Why: The genre grows and changes everyday. Producers and artists appropriate new tracks and then either sell or disperse them over the internet constantly changing the sound and what it means to be in the 'scene' of dubstep.
If anything I hope the brief playlist I assembled below helps you understand a little of what dubstep is about.
Assignment #8 Question #3
ReplyDeleteHi!,
First off, this is a great blog! I found it very informative and comprehensive. However, I will not be delving further into dubstep, because I don't like the way it hits my ear. I just don't like how it sounds. At best, I don't find it engaging, and it doesn't inspire me to dance. I can sort of see having an affinity for it if it's the background tune to a really fun time, but I can't see listening to it at home or in the car. If I go to a rave, it's for all the other things you talked about in your blog, not the music. :)
Oh, I also particularly liked the first video of the lightshow that you posted. that was sick. :)
ReplyDeleteI chose your blog for the second question of our 8th assignment. I've heard of dubstep before, but have never really listened to the music before. You provided some great information and insight into this unique genre of music, great set up. But I don't think that it'll further my interest into dubstep. It's not really my cup of tea, into more laid back and soothing rhythms. Great job on the project.
ReplyDelete