Skrillex
Skrillex 's real name is Sonny Moore. Moore was originally a part of a successful band, From First to Last. From 2004 to 2007 Moore was the lead vocals and keyboardist for the band. Even though the band had success, Moore started to preform in L.A. clubs under the name of Skrillex. His first EP was released as a free download on the internet. Coming from a rock band to creating and appropriating dubstep and being popular at it shows that various artists can create dubstep and have people all around the world love it.
Skrillex is part of a large community of artists and producers who make their music and wish to share it with the world as much as possible. Artists who are not signed to major record labels try to give the music they create back to the masses through their personal websites or through one of the many dubstep forums on the internet. The message being that music is meant for everyone and should not have a price on it.
I am choosing your play-list for the second question of our assignment. Your commentary was helpful, I never knew this type of music was called Dubstep. I think I will continue to listen to this music.
ReplyDelete